New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am going to be buck hunting with my bow. I will be hunting out of a tree stand or ground blind, and maybe a bit of still hunting. This is my first year bow hunting so I'm hoping for some beginners luck!

We're going to need a team name!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like Buck Stoppers. I'm not too picky about a name, so I'll be happy with what everyone else likes. We could be the Buck Stoppers, Crazy 8s, Antler Kings, or anything else someone comes up with!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good enough, we'll have to put a new meaning to the term BUCK STOPPERS. GG, after this season whenever you see or hear the name BUCK STOPPERS, your brain is going to be flodded with big buck pictures

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well team, I don't have any monster bucks around (or he has been camera shy), but there are atleast 4 bucks in the area. IF I get the chance to shoot a deer it will be my first, so I'm not too worried about it being "too small". I will be just as happy with a spike as i would with an 8 point. Hopefully I can help the BuckStoppers take this contest!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Been putting some apples out. I put a new card in the cam and it didnt save the pictures
. They ate about 45 pounds of apples in a week and there is no pictures to show. Its a little frustrating, but its nice to know that they are hitting the apples hard. I am also hoping to get out opening evening. Only 3 weeks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
hopefully Adgunner comes back, he hasn't been on since aug 14. we might only have 5 buck stoppers by the looks of things, should be more than enough though

·
Registered
140 Posts
4 days boys. Good luck with that buck Hunter, I got a little 5 point too thats kickin around, he's not going to be a very happy deer if he comes in while i'm hunting.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice buck nbbucks!
I didn't get one. Seen a couple does, had a mature 8 point come to a mock scrape at about 10 yards from behind me, got busted before i could get a shot off. A nice big bodied mature buck. I know i could have shot him if i played my cards right, but being the first encounter with a buck i was pretty excited and he ended up spotting me (had the wind in my favour) and he bounded off. Thats how they get big i guess. A good learning experience i guess... hard way to learn though lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts