New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hunting season is mainly over (except of course for those who bought a new coyote or varmint licence) so I just had a question: how do you keep from getting bored? Do you feed deer, set trailcameras, hike, scout, hunt more, or just chill out and work till the time comes around again? Just thought I'd ask...

·
Registered
581 Posts
The second most important time of the year is right around the corner. BEAR season and fishing season. Look forward to this almost as much as opening of waterfowl season!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ill spend alot of time in the next few months scouting and planting some food plots, Trail caming over minerals, and Of course Bear hunting in may, Ooopps forgot about my turkey hunt in april, I also spend alot of time shooting my bow, I love that. I really am looking forward to setting up my deer cams and seeing what I might have a shot at come season.

Also we are building, a new hunting camp. This spring so thatll keep me busy.

There always something to do in the great outdoors.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a lot of great things to do! But to be honest, I can't imagine being as excited for anything else other than duck hunting opening!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Same here, shooting my bows as much as I can. Getting them set-up, tinkering, buying new gear. (Getting some new stuff for my Zeus right now). Videotaping deer, and other wildlife. Scouting. You-st to fly fish a bit but haven't much in recent years.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well Dirtroadhunter, I use to be the same way, I lived for ducking, Trust me lived for it, Didnt even really like deer hunting that much. Then I got into archery and now I live for deer hunting, Dont get me wrong I still love a good duck hunt and we usually get on quite a few of them a year, but there is just nuthen like when a nice buck comes into bow range, Ya never know ya might grow into the sport of archery if you just take the chance I DID

Heres a few pics from a few waterfowl hunts to prove my passion for it as well

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Captain Henry Morgan, the legendary buccaneer,was appointed Governer of Jamaica in 1680.
A natural born leader, his great charm won him the respect of noblemen and the loyalty of his crew.
He and his men became famous throughout the Caribbean for their love of adventure and their taste for the finest rums.
Today, this spirit lives on in Captain Morgan White Rum, a blend of Caribbean & Canadian Rums.

Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned!!!
Hawooooooooooo Cmon w/ Er Durin The Season & All Year Through!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very cool pictures! Someday I'll try a bow, but I wont be able to hunt much over the next couple years or so, so I'll stick with what I have. And for my first deer, it'll probably be with a rifle lol, don't wanna miss out on my first big buck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you like duck hunting give crow hunting a try. Every summer I have a blast hunting them
Very cool! But I don't know much about that, do you have to hide with camo etc.. and what about bait and calls? And location? Ex. do you hunt in a feild or what?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Captain Henry Morgan, the legendary buccaneer,was appointed Governer of Jamaica in 1680.
A natural born leader, his great charm won him the respect of noblemen and the loyalty of his crew.
He and his men became famous throughout the Caribbean for their love of adventure and their taste for the finest rums.
Today, this spirit lives on in Captain Morgan White Rum, a blend of Caribbean & Canadian Rums.

Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned!!! During The Season & All Year Through Hawoooooooooo!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I hunt year round, once feb 28th hits im at the store to buy a varmint licence, from there its crows until september, then woodcock for a week or two then duck season is back around...plus a varmint license allows you to take a rifle under 23.cal so i do a lot of target/skeet shooting during the summer months, black salmon in the spring, trout in the late spring early summer, pickerel and bass until september...if i got the day off im either in the woods or on the water somewhere

·
Registered
925 Posts
Laundry, dishes, other wonderful cleaning chores and looking after my kids. That basically takes up all my spare time as my wife and I work opposite shifts for the most part.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm hoping to set up a couple of mineral sites and running the trail cams on them this summer, plus shooting the heck out of them duck egg eating crows and also love spring bear season

·
Registered
726 Posts

Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned!!! During The Season & All Year Through Hawoooooooooo!!!
Good Ole Wonksy...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts