New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take up coyote hunting this winter and after being out a few times and coming home exhausted by trying to pull myself through the deep snow, I decided it was time to get myself a set of snowshoes.

I watched an episode of "Land and Sea" awhile back about the "The Snowshoe Man" who makes and sells snowshoes. I thought that I would like to try a set of his, so I ordered a set for my wife and I last week and have been anxiously awaiting there arrival.

Well today was the only day that I will have off from work for the next two weeks, so I was glad to see the mailman drive in the yard today to drop off our snowshoes. Well, the wife and I have been out snowshoeing on the trails through the woods behind our home all day. So far we are both very pleased with the snowshoes and highly recommend them to anyone looking to get some. They were a great price, much less expensive than the ones at Canadian Tire, they are very light and very well built.

If anyone is thinking about getting snowshoes for the first time or if replacing the ones that you have, you should really check out " The Snowshoe Man". His name is Jack Carey and I enjoyed talking with him (he invited me to his home, typical Newfoundlander, Ha, Ha).

Here is his site;

http://jackthesnowshoeman.com/

·
Banned
116 Posts
Hi all, Believe it or not,I sent in an e-mail to Jack, and got a phone call from him 5 minutes later, I almost fell off my chair. We chatted for 20 minutes. He quoted me 65.00 for the snow shoes + shipping.
I ordered a pair of shoes.

·
Registered
456 Posts
my uncle got one of his friends to pick up a pair while he was in nfld, i havnt tried them but they looked ot be very well built, im going to try them out tmrw

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had a pair of his snowshoes for 15 years, haven't had no trouble with them. Still work very good but after 15 years of abuse there are a little worn(and I do mean a little, and at my own fault when my axe hit the side of the snowshoe)

G

·
I got a pair of those back in 1996, except mine have 150lb monofilament as the webbing. They have been the best pair of snowshoes I've used. Excellent for snaring rabbits. The rubber around the frame is starting to rot but that doesn't affect them at all. The rubber bindings are cracked too, and when they eventually break they will be easy enough to replace. My brother has a pair similar to what's on that website, and he also has had no problems with them.

These are well worth the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts