New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gun shop yesterday and seen a Browning x-bolt white gold medallion 7mm mag that caught my eye. It felt good in my hands And i would be able to trade my Tikka laminated stainless 300wsm towards it. I am not sure on how they would compare, quality wise ect...Just looking for opinions or experiences with these guns,, thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I was at the gun shop yesterday and seen a Browning x-bolt white gold medallion 7mm mag that caught my eye. It felt good in my hands And i would be able to trade my Tikka laminated stainless 300wsm towards it. I am not sure on how they would compare, quality wise ect...Just looking for opinions or experiences with these guns,, thanks
Check your inbox on facebook pal!!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
If weight reduction and recoil is an issue for you, than the white medallion is a great trade-off. Laminates are a wee-bit on the heavy side. I have exact same gun as you in Tikka Synthetic Stainless and wouldn't trade this 6lbs gun for anything else.

BTW, 7mm Rem Mag has to be one of THE best all-around calibers out there, and if you hunt long range, it is a flat shooting gun with plenty of knock-down power for any game.

Louis Gagnon, a Quebec biologist and guide on Anticosti Island for more than 20 years, picked the 7mm over any other calibre for the all around deer gun, based on his observations as a deer hunting guide in Quebec, Albera and Sask, I have to agree with him on that one.

Good luck shopping!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'd dare say that medallion is gonna have more recoil then the T3 laminated...but then again its only in 7mm(compared to 300wsm) so maybe not!!

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Yes it will, most heavier Brownings have more felt recoil than a lighter Tikka match, IMHO. Does it have B.O.S.S. DT?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Recoil pads are hands down better on the Brownings though 4 shore!!!
Them hockey pucks that Tikka uses, you would think they would smartin up!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I went down today DropTyne and trade my Browning A-bolt stainless stalker for your old T3 Laminated...Straight across the board trade as both rifles were like new!!
I was a Browning man for years, But Love My T3's even more!!

Hawoooooooooooo Cmon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts