New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fellow NBers what are your suggestions on a 100-175.00 price range for a trail camera that works in our N.B. conditions.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a Bushnell IR and Moultrie D55IR and like them both. Each of their pros & cons but they both take decent pics. Both came from Canadian tire and were in the $150 range.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Bushnell IR and Moultrie D55IR and like them both. Each of their pros & cons but they both take decent pics. Both came from Canadian tire and were in the $150 range.
Thanks for the reply Rob, i was looking at moultrie 55IR can i have your input (pro's and con's) on this one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
DONT buy a stealth cam!!!! i got one on sale thinking they were good, set up on a bunch of apples and got one blury pic of a deers ass. i have an old remington that is b&w but takes good pics. i put both on the same tree and when i came back the rem had 183 pics and the stealth had 2, one of me leaving and 1 of my return. after many hours on the phone i was able to send it back for a FREE replacement. got the same cam back (will sell it cheap)

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you just want pics ,i use the moultre s they seem to work well ,their pics are good at night ,seems day pics may have issues with exposure ,I have a primos truth I35 as well that seems to take good pics and video and easy to set up .For the price they re worth it and not alot out of pocket if they walk off.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You can pick up the 09 Bushnells of ebay for that. Great working camera!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I know myself a few buddies have had the very best of luck with the 4-5 MP, Flash, Moultrie cameras. I have one that has been in the woods for over 3 years total off and on! I think I paid $80 at Cabelas

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got a couple bushnell trophy cams and they work great.
I also have a Wildgame Innovations IR4. I am very pleased with it for the money I paid. You should be able to get one to your door for a hundred bucks or a little over.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I personally use Spypoints. In the past I have used Bushnell Trophy Cams - terrible warranty service, Moultrie - took it back and got my money back, and StealthCam(stay clear of these I went through not a word of a lie 4 of them in 2009) You can get a 'bum' camera though no matter what you buy.

Check this website out. These fellas do long term testing of trailcams. See what they have to say and make your own judgement. Depending on your usage, time of year you plan on using it, bear versus deer flash versus IR all have influence on your purchasing decision.

My two cents worth....check out my post on "sizing up a bear" have a few pics there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts