New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 2 fresh rubs at one stand and have seen a couple along the edge of a field.The last two years I have had scraps at one of my stands but this year is a hole different shooting match.Not many deer around any of my stands.Thought this cooler weather might get them on the move.Did find a different buck around but still just a small 7 pointer about 140lbs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not seen any rubs or scrapes. I, like Browning, don't usually see too much rut activity until at least another 2 weeks. The deer where I am hunting still appear to be roaming. Difficult to pattern and are not even fussy on the apples for some reason. Usually they are starting to be a little more regular. Not sure whats up with that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Was out Saturday doing a little scouting, nothing yet other than tracks and droppings. Still a bit early for rubs and scrapes yet

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Difficult to pattern and are not even fussy on the apples for some reason. Usually they are starting to be a little more regular. Not sure whats up with that.
i have noticed that too...
not sure why....first time i seen it!
usually i have apples out labor day weekend!
i mean not alot are eaten at first....
i put them out that early and usually alot just to get them coming in regularly without me having to go and top the apples up!i can usually stay away for about a month...no human sent around so when i do get there....they come right to the apples!
seems to work for me!

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have noticed that too...
not sure why....first time i seen it!
usually i have apples out labor day weekend!
i mean not alot are eaten at first....
i put them out that early and usually alot just to get them coming in regularly without me having to go and top the apples up!i can usually stay away for about a month...no human sent around so when i do get there....they come right to the apples!
seems to work for me!
I found a scrape today just ten yards out from the base of the tree I sit in. Just my luck my trail cam
was also hanging upside down.. God
I love bears!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts