New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

Should postings about turkey hunting in New Brunswick go under General Topic or Upland Bird Hunting?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave:
If I can see them with my own two eyes, I consider them established, however, not everyone agrees with that viewpoint. So, where should posts go if they don't have their own site? Upland bird hunting or General topic?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Those are not the turkeys you are looking for... -Sagely hand wave-

Speaking of which... I heard that a NB guide license, allows you to hunt in Maine without a guide, and vice versa. Anyone confirm or debunk that definitively?

It would be cool if it was true, since you can turkey hunt in Maine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
bowman it is time to find that answer out as I can pick up my guide licence and would love to hunt turkeys

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi everyone

Just a note about the Wild Turkey.
I have started a post in the "other Huntable Species" section.

Dave, I/We would appreciate you having a section for the Wild Turkeys.
I am envolved with a group that is deadicated to bringing the Wild Turkeys back to NB.
We need all the support we can get and to have our own section would be a big help!!

Thank you

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi everyone

Just a note about the Wild Turkey.
I have started a post in the "other Huntable Species" section.

Dave, I/We would appreciate you having a section for the Wild Turkeys.
I am envolved with a group that is deadicated to bringing the Wild Turkeys back to NB.
We need all the support we can get and to have our own section would be a big help!!

Thank you
Hey Whaler give me an e-mail regarding your beaver, thanks pal.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Forforest, so are you seeing some wild turkeys?? I see that your signature says that your on the side of Skedaddle ridge which is close to the border if it's the one that I'm thinking of.

Bill G

·
Registered
264 Posts
Speaking of which... I heard that a NB guide license, allows you to hunt in Maine without a guide, and vice versa. Anyone confirm or debunk that definitively?
It would be cool if it was true, since you can turkey hunt in Maine.
You don't need a guide to hunt in Maine, & you don't need to be a N.B guide to hunt in Maine, the only thing you need a guide over there for is hunting bears with hounds.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You don't need a guide to hunt in Maine, & you don't need to be a N.B guide to hunt in Maine, the only thing you need a guide over there for is hunting bears with hounds.
If your canadian then your a alien which case you need a guide for turkeys. Non resident status is US citizen living abroad or stateside non resident. Canadians need a guide. NB guides licence are not covered in Maine of course.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If your canadian then your a alien which case you need a guide for turkeys. Non resident status is US citizen living abroad or stateside non resident. Canadians need a guide. NB guides licence are not covered in Maine of course.
I asked my friend Tony from Presque Isle, he is a Maine Master Guide, guide instructor & owner of Squawpan Mountain Outfitters & he told me today a guide in Maine is needed only for bear hunting with hounds. I'll ask him again & get him to look into it to be sure, what is your source of info??? I need to find out for sure because I wouldn't mind jumping the border to hunt where I'm so close.
I'm not saying your wrong I just want to find out for sure.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I asked my friend Tony from Presque Isle, he is a Maine Master Guide, guide instructor & owner of Squawpan Mountain Outfitters & he told me today a guide in Maine is needed only for bear hunting with hounds. I'll ask him again & get him to look into it to be sure, what is your source of info??? I need to find out for sure because I wouldn't mind jumping the border to hunt where I'm so close.
I'm not saying your wrong I just want to find out for sure.
From the Maine Department of Inland fisheries and Wildlife web site:

"An alien may not hunt moose, deer or bear without being accompanied by a person who holds a valid guide license."

·
Registered
264 Posts
From the Maine Department of Inland fisheries and Wildlife web site:

"An alien may not hunt moose, deer or bear without being accompanied by a person who holds a valid guide license."
Good to know, I'll have to tell Tony he don't know [email protected]#t!!!! HAHA!!

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts