New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Comments on CBC are always scary. It's a good place to make your blood pressure rise if you're at all right wing politically. One comment on the first page (as far as I ever get before I'm too mad to read on) was interesting. The user mentions loss to poachers as being 5-10k a year, can the number really be that high?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My question is... How many poachers are in fact poachers?

How many folks that legally, are allowed to harvest more than one deer, are in fact being labelled as a poacher? We all know there is a significant amount of poaching going on, but is it really as high as we think? There are no numbers to prove it either way, because you cant count the poachers that don't get caught.

Just kind of curious.

I think they should allow a primitive season like Saskatchewan. 10 yards, and a spear...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many folks are legally allowed to harvest more than one deer?
Anyone with treaty rights to begin with, of which I have absolutely no issue with, as long as respect for the animal is given.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thats the problem,a lot of them have no respect.One truck load shot a 16 point moose in the guts, sawed the antlers off,put some tea leaves one it and left it for the coyotes.Then on the way out shot a 5 point moose and after trying to sell it, with no luck,the next day they gave it to someone that took the time to dress it out and save what meat he could.It nothing for them to leave a moose on there truck for 2 or 3 days and then through half of it away.I do not have much respect for people like that.I have no trouble with them going out and getting a moose and feeding there family.I gess there is always one or two in the bunch to ruin it for everyone else.

·
Registered
925 Posts
The Department of Natural Resources is reporting there were fewer deer kills in 2010 as the animals are moving closer to urban areas

So all the deer must be talking to each other. "Hey guys did you hear about the great living arrangements in the towns and cities, we got it good boys, pack your bags and come to the city"

What the heck are they trying to say. Just come out with the truth. Due to the mass cutting of deer yards and the farming of softwood forest there is no longer enough food and cover to sustain a healthy woods population of deer.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the problem,a lot of them have no respect.One truck load shot a 16 point moose in the guts, sawed the antlers off,put some tea leaves one it and left it for the coyotes.Then on the way out shot a 5 point moose and after trying to sell it, with no luck,the next day they gave it to someone that took the time to dress it out and save what meat he could.It nothing for them to leave a moose on there truck for 2 or 3 days and then through half of it away.I do not have much respect for people like that.I have no trouble with them going out and getting a moose and feeding there family.I gess there is always one or two in the bunch to ruin it for everyone else.
Sadly, your not wrong. Having said treaty rights, I am appalled at the attitude some have. Just because I can shoot 5 moose, does not make it right, and I would never have such disrespect to shoot and release an animal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts