New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I'm noticing that nobody has posted any photos of 2010 bucks shedding their velvet, and I only see one new photo of a 2010 buck that has already shed all of his velvet. What about the transition stage?
What are people seeing?....What stage are your bucks in? Are you seeing buck rubs and velvet shedding yet?
My trail camera was stolen earlier this year, so I can't see for myself. I haven't seen any rubs either, but I tend to stay away from the hunting grounds at this time of year. The only bucks I see are at the far end of a field, and they don't come out until low light conditions, so I can't tell if they are still in velvet or not?
What are you folks seeing?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have not seen any deer out of velvet yet, but I usually don't until mid September or after. I'll check my trail cameras this weekend if the bears haven't eaten them - if I see any change I'll post a pic. I haven't seen any fresh buck rubs yet.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i've got a 9 point coming that has shed his velvet as of 2 days ago and during that same time a spike and a 5 point that still have their velvet on

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just looked out the window at my house and a nice racked 4 pointer and a spike just walked by. The 4 pointer has no velvet but the spike still has his.

I have seen these deer all summer but never close enough to get a real good look at their antlers until now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.