New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a walk up back to chack on the cutting and talk to the contractor. We took a walk to look at what's he's done and what is yet to be done and how he will do it. He's doing a nice job and I'm pretty happy with it so far. While we were going around he mentioned all the deer using the area which I was happy to hear. The trails through the stand looked heavily used as well. We were walking along the tracks by the field going to the other end past the drainage when I caught a flash of white up on the hill. Not sure how many deer were there but there were at least 10-12 of them and three in the field. Some went into the woods while we were walking before I got the pic.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
This is a section of mostly younger red spruce and pine along the tracks that has been done. The more mature stuff will give a little more canopy cover but this stuff should fill well in a few years.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice!!
Great lookin' property!

·
Registered
411 Posts
The snow situation looks good there Bowtech. We still have 1 1/2 to 2 feet in the open areas, more in the woods. yuck!
The property is looking good.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Kinda looks where I set up my new stand this week, hmmmmmm better check the back left corner in that first pic there might be a new stand in it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Walked down to the cutting today with Jess again to show her what is being done. Saw a few more deer in a couple spots in the fireld but had a real close encounter with this fawn. Got to within 15yrds or so before she decided to head the other way. Enjoyed that immensely.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Too cool!!
Great pic!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was the true reason he went for the walk, it had nothing to do with showing Jess anything
Yeah but I didn't find it, he must be back in the bushes somewheres.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Top photo looks like decent woodcock cover,do you get any there?
We never had many woodcock when growing up, I only remember jumping one. The year after we did the cutting I saw my first woodcock brood just off the edge of the cut. We still don't have many but I see the odd one now at least.

Just picked up managing northern forests for Wildlife from the Ruffed Grouse Society so maybe we'll se a few more in the future!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts