New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a good day for the last day of bow season. I sat a new stand this morning and had 4 within 15 yards or so but no shooters. Went out tonight and had a 4 point come out and give me several good shooting opportunities which I elected to pass although I did draw down on him a couple times. Then a doe and a pair of twins came in just at dark. The doe came in but the twins were busy out in the cut munching down on leaves. I gave it about 15 minutes after the doe and buck left thinking that everyone was gone and it would be safe to pull the card and come home but apparently the two fawns were still in the cut because I jumped them getting the card out. On the way home there was another doe and fawn in the plot by the road. Heck I saw more deer on stand today then I have all bow season

Looking at the card there was lots of activity today but as usual I missed hunting the right stand on the right day as the 7pt was there last night. Mind you I was running kids to Karate and couldn't go anyway but still.....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a few pics of visitors we had today on this stand...

Here is that fawn with the funny mouth scar. Thought maybe the coyotes got him as I haven't seen him in a while.

Here is the doe with a couple fawns, probably the ones I saw tonight...

Here is a yearling spike that was with the antlered doe. I think he has broke off from her now. He will probably leave this fall but...

And here is the forky I passed on a few times tonight. How many points did I just give up there????

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a good day. The only downside is that I knocked the peep out of my string and lost it. Now I'm shooting 4" to the left @ 20yrds because I'm looking around the string. Gang moved 'er for now but will have to check my box and see if I have a spare to put in.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's a great lookin' 7 pt'er, Bowtech!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It was a good day. The only downside is that I knocked the peep out of my string and lost it. Now I'm shooting 4" to the left @ 20yrds because I'm looking around the string. Gang moved 'er for now but will have to check my box and see if I have a spare to put in.
i will give you my peep site if you want bowtech...hate to listen to you all year because you missed your deer and lost to team 11!!!

but you have some nice looking deer there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts