New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good luck everyone!! What a start to the 2010 season....wish I had more vacation.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Depends where you are ..

'sucks to be at work '

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats to you cousin gothemi! Daveyn, you heading up to Coles Island? I am heading up next Thursday for 3 days and the following Wednesday for 4 days. I will hunt the rest of the season around Sackville area. Good luck everyone!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats to you cousin gothemi! Daveyn, you heading up to Coles Island? I am heading up next Thursday for 3 days and the following Wednesday for 4 days. I will hunt the rest of the season around Sackville area. Good luck everyone!!
I have heard of some nice size deer being shot, big necks also, bigs necks for me is a few weeks early.

·
Registered
175 Posts
son in-law got a nice little 8 pointer yesterday afternoon, hunt lasted all of half an hour, right place right time I guess!
A big buck came in the shop this morning, 29" neck, in my 19 years of taxidermy thats a first on the opening week to be that swelled.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
it was a beautiful day to be on stand for opening day, cool overcast and no wind
watched a doe for 40 minutes in the afternoon

Best friends son managed to shoot his first deer opening day about 1hr before dark. 11pt buck down man was he and his dad pumped up

Alot of shooting yesterday as well. 3pt shot not far from the 11pt and an 18 pt non typcial shot not too far from where my best friends stand is located

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
could be but the weather the rest of the week is very warm and wet

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unfortunately, this isn' my deer! lol But thought I would post it anyway. This lil fella was taken yesterday.
The guy that got him...this was his first deer. Nice non-typical!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
[quote name='Country Girl' date='26 October 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1288131135' post='8937']
Unfortunately, this isn' my deer! lol But thought I would post it anyway. This lil fella was taken yesterday.
The guy that got him...this was his first deer. Nice non-typical!!

"Unfortunately" "indeed" CG! But thanks for posting it just the same. Awesome trophy! And especially for a first deer. Kinda leaves the guy no where to go from here ...but "down"!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
A big buck came in the shop this morning, 29" neck, in my 19 years of taxidermy thats a first on the opening week to be that swelled.
That sounds like the buck I just saw hanging at the meat shop! Meatcutter said it is the biggest "meat" weight he has "ever" had! "Man" it looked more like a "Steer" than a deer!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great looking deer Country girl. Agree with archerynutNB......no wheres to go but down.....but still....man what a deer!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts