New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the question states... what qualities or group of qualities do you look for in a hunting bow? Speed, smooth draw cycle, ATA lenght, price, brace height, noise level, nice balance/feel, low kick/vibration, availability, newest on market, etc.

Do you use the same bow for 3D and hunting and do you like different things for each type of shooting or do you look for a bow to do both?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I personally don't need too spend big bucks on my bows.I don't tornament shoot,I hunt and shoot most of the summer in the yard
which I enjoy.I was asked by a certain member
"why Martin".Well why not.They have been around for a long time,and even though they got behind in technology,I still think they are good shooting bows,andtheir prices are decent.I like a smooth bow ,ATA not below 32",BH 7",and fairly quiet.You don't need too break the bank to enjoy the sport

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
First and foremost is the feel on the shot,silky smooth draw, next is weight and balance,then speed, I dont like to short of a bow either 32 inch or up, then proably quietness but As i said earlier 95 percent of bows are quiet enough for me I wouldnt buy something that was lound thats for sure. Then looks, then price has a little factor into it but not much, I dont drink,smoke,or have many other activities that cost money so i like to have the best i can afford.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts