New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what established associations you have so lets hear em.
If you don't belong to one what one(s) do you feel would best suit you or represent your hunting interests?
Would you be willing to volunteer some time either running an assoc or doing leg/gruntwork in the woods?

I see alot of complaining nothing gets done.
Maybe it's because no-ones telling Govt. what they want done and theres no-one to do it anyway

·
Banned
348 Posts
I don't know what established associations you have so lets hear em.
If you don't belong to one what one(s) do you feel would best suit you or represent your hunting interests?
Would you be willing to volunteer some time either running an assoc or doing leg/gruntwork in the woods?

I see alot of complaining nothing gets done.
Maybe it's because no-ones telling Govt. what they want done and theres no-one to do it anyway
QDMA

There is more going on behind the scene than people realize. That's why I jioned 1 month ago and started an update thread. As far as I am concerned its the only one focused on "Deer" and the health of the herd.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
50 views and one person belongs to something......

Seeing a trend here?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You already asked this question previously in a post on another thread, maybe that's why you aren't getting any now?

For me...

NWTF
Delta Waterfowl
QDMA (secretary)
BONB (consultant
, really saw my name listed)
KWRC (board member)

Have to send my money yet for Local F+W yet, just have to get my $$ to Dale which will also make me a member of NBWF
I'll probably do a 3D shoot this summer which will automatically give me membership to AANB.

Previously member of DU and NB Trappers and Fur Harvesters Association (Treasurer, which I was terrible at
), will probably rejoin this year if I get out with my boys to do a little trapping this fall.

Out of all them I believe QDMA is the most worthwhile organization to belong to.

AANB and NBWF the least worthwhile.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
I used to be a member of the NBWF. I have been a member of QDMANB for a year or so. I certainly don't belong to PETA lol!

When it comes to fishing associations / organisations, the list is longer, and I have carried the memberships and affiliations for more than 20 years, some even being life member. I think this is evident proof that we are lacking an entity to identify to as hunters in this province.

I'm a New Brunswick Hunting.com member !!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
National Wild Turkey Federation Saint John River Valley Chapter

And we are actively involved with lobbying government to allow the reintroduction of the wild turkey.

Bill Gass

PS - we are always welcoming new members

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well i just joined qdma as of today,
delta waterfowl
aanb, Also joining BONB in the very near future.

Ive been a member of a few different organizations in the past who have done very little to nuthen, and it makes me hesitant to join others. Im really a hands on guy and like to see things being done, not just people talking. Ive listened to to much talkin and no action in the past, But ive been fowllowing qdma, and even tho its still small in these parts, At least these guys are doin things for OUR future.

My good friend has personnally put out 10 times the amount of duck boxes in the last few years then i have seen whole organizations do in our local area. I guess its kinda selfish but I wanna see something done in my general area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well i just joined qdma as of today,
delta waterfowl
aanb, Also joining BONB in the very near future.

Ive been a member of a few different organizations in the past who have done very little to nuthen, and it makes me hesitant to join others. Im really a hands on guy and like to see things being done, not just people talking. Ive listened to to much talkin and no action in the past, But ive been fowllowing qdma, and even tho its still small in these parts, At least these guys are doin things for OUR future.

My good friend has personnally put out 10 times the amount of duck boxes in the last few years then i have seen whole organizations do in our local area. I guess its kinda selfish but I wanna see something done in my general area.
hi nbduckhunter did you find the duck boxes help the duck population in your area.I was thinking of trying that my self in my area so any info would be a help.(Du don't seem to do much)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well im sure it helped, some, witch is good, but dont expect a whole lot, ducks are a real tuff thing to see results with, even if they work its hard to say that it has made that much of a change in the local population, but it does help thats for sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts