New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of ordering a new set of Vapor Trail strings and cables for the Guardian for this fall. What colors would you get for colors? Was thinking red and blue maybe or maybe blue and lime green.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The ones on my Guardian are red and grey. It is the "Firestorm Grey" target finish, but they would look good on a camo bow as well I think.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally I prefer earth tones,green/black etc.Why on earth would somebody be camoed to the nines,have a camo bow and every conceivable accessory camoed up,then go and put some kinda neon sign string on it?

FWIW,blue is the LAST color I would ever choose for a string or any other hunting accessory based on the research into deer vision that I've read?From what I understand,blue is the MOST visible color to deer/most likely to reflect UV light etc...I won't even wear bluejeans when deer hunting......anything BUT blue imho?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Personally I prefer earth tones,green/black etc.Why on earth would somebody be camoed to the nines,have a camo bow and every conceivable accessory camoed up,then go and put some kinda neon sign string on it?

FWIW,blue is the LAST color I would ever choose for a string or any other hunting accessory based on the research into deer vision that I've read?From what I understand,blue is the MOST visible color to deer/most likely to reflect UV light etc...I won't even wear bluejeans when deer hunting......anything BUT blue imho?
We get camoed up to look good
, Really! I can wear a red and black plaid shirt with my wooly pants and be just as invisible to deer as my $500.00 camo suit, quieter too. Actually that is what I used to wear

Yes, deer do see blue best but it doesn't reflect UV any more than any other, they just see it better. For the little bit that shows from a string, which by the way isn't reflecting UV much to start with, less than your clothes, it isn't worth even considering IMO.

Good read from QDMA Director Brian Murphy on the vision work that was done on deer.

http://www.northcountrywhitetails.com/articles/whatdodeersee.htm

Red and Black looked kind of cool too for a string color.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We get camoed up to look good
, Really! I can wear a red and black plaid shirt with my wooly pants and be just as invisible to deer as my $500.00 camo suit, quieter too. Actually that is what I used to wear
No argument here.If one was to take all the latest,greatest,scentlok camo pattern advertisements at face value,it would certainly cause one to wonder how in the hell did we ever kill millions of deer wearing only plaid coats and Humphry pants for decades.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.
and Keep still and Quiet.
(as for camo, its main purpose is for breaking up your outline, correct? i good bush will do the same..
)

As for strings i like the yellow/black and or Green/brown colors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts