New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those who got their moose this year, I am just curious what the range was?
Hubby shot his at 35 yards, would have been a perfect shot for a bow, but he never expected the moose to come out where he did.
He was expecting a shot of at least 100 plus meters.
Just wondered what others expected and at what range they actually took their shot?

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
For all of those who got their moose this year, I am just curious what the range was?
Hubby shot his at 35 yards, would have been a perfect shot for a bow, but he never expected the moose to come out where he did.
He was expecting a shot of at least 100 plus meters.
Just wondered what others expected and at what range they actually took their shot?
I went back on Sunday to pace it at 80 yards. The way this bull was coming in over and over again, even fatally wounded (lung shot), I'm pretty sure I could have made him come within bow range easily, but we didn't need to in this case.

My avg shot at big game in NB is between 75 and 150 yards, I don't hunt agri areas...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I shot mine @ 88 yds, used the range finder in stand when we built it and ranged the different trails that came out into the old beaver pond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts