New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What ages? Looking for them to hunt or just a bow to shoot?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I guess it depends on their ages.I just bought 2 Diamond Razor Edges for my boys for Christmas and I think they are great.They go from 15 to 60 pounds with 10 inches of adjustment 19" to 29".My boys are 7 and 9.The 7 year old is having a little trouble pulling it but has it almost perfected.The 9 year old is doing great with it shooting all 10 at 8 yards and can not wait to get outside to shoot 15 and 20 yards. I sold one of the bows and still have a Hoyt Trykon JR. in left hand for sale in very good condition. It also has the 10"s of adjustment from 16" to 26" and its up to 30 pounds.Still works great just was to short for him.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The razor edge is either 15-30# or 30-60# right, not 15-60#?

I bought a couple of the Mathew Genesis for my boys, one regular and one pro model. Goes from 18.5"-30" DL and 10-20# on the regular and 15-25# on the pro model.You can pick them up for about $160-180.00 on ebay.

I think the Razor Edge package deal is around $300.00. Either are good set-ups for youth. If they are looking at a possible hunting model go with the edge but for everyday shooting you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
girls ages r 12 ,11 and 7 i have looked at the edge looks like a great bow.has anyone tried any thing that bear has made? yes this would also be for hunting when they get of age.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Razor Edge specks say 30-60 but in the book that comes with them says 15-60 and when we checked it with the bow scale it was close.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had picked these up on ebay for $280.00 but have seen the whole kit on there since for that price.Had got a genesis for my wife a couple years ago and was not pleased with it.It works but she has trouble with the draw length since it is not adjustable,you just pull till you think it right.I would sell it if I had the chance and get her the edge.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had picked these up on ebay for $280.00 but have seen the whole kit on there since for that price.Had got a genesis for my wife a couple years ago and was not pleased with it.It works but she has trouble with the draw length since it is not adjustable,you just pull till you think it right.I would sell it if I had the chance and get her the edge.
Simple pse chaos atlantic archery.-http://www.pse-archery.com/products/category/Chaos+One+-+Pink+Camo/445.5.1.1.86217.86172.86175.0.0

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The Genesis pro has the adjustable draw stop on it to set at any DL, the regular doesn't have any.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wiggy I would be careful that bow is not meant to go from 15-60, im sure you might have it close, but im betting your limb bolt id dangerously close to coming out of the riser, PLEASE BE CAREFULL I would hate to read that someone was injured because of this, Lots of bows will go well below there lowest poundage, but it is NOT safe, The limb bolt are only so long and my guess is that they are almost to the point of not being threaded in the riser enough to support the pressure on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The book that came with it tells me that there are 12 turns of adjustment plus when we were setting it up we put it in the press and after the 12 turns there was still enough treads left to hold. We were questioning that there would be lots of thread so we looked into it. Thanks for the concern.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Mission Craze is awesome, I bought one for my girlfriend and it shoots awesome. She loves it. very reasonable price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts