New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people not want to post the price or take the time to type in better details for something they are offering for sale, except in an email? I can understand not posting pictures if you cant figure it out, but why so secret about the rest?

I can't speak for anyone else of course, perhaps it is just me, but if the price is not listed, I'm not going to email to get it. It makes me think your hiding something.

·
Registered
565 Posts
There have been more than one occasion on here where somebody has advertised something for sale, put a price on it and then had people who had no interest in the item at all trash the price they were asking on the forum. Who needs that noise? You've all see the comment " that price is crazy man I could get the same thing at Cabella's on line for $50 less taxes in" etc....So now I see a lot of adds with no price and I'm assuming its just to avoid the looky lou's who just want to let people know that they could get a better deal somewhere else even though they themselves have no interest in the item.
There should be a rule on the classified section that says "if you like it negotiate for it, if you aren't interested then you've got nothing to say"

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sometimes the poster may never have composed an ad before and in all the excitement forgets some (or a lot) of the details.

Frequently I see ads for bows that don't state whether it's left or right hand design, drawlength /adjustment range, drawweight range.

Sometimes it's pure ignorance, not knowing anything about a product, getting duped when they bought it and then trying to sell it off to someone else who doesn't know anything about the product either and get their money back.

Anyone want to buy a 19 year old bow? I have the original manual, spare cables and string.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think if you are trying to sell something you will be more successful if you put yourself into the shoes of the buyer as opposed to asking the buyer to put themselves in yours.

For sale 1999 Ford F150 ........ Any questions about color, mileage, price, options etc. Email only (between 4 and 8 pm)

Good luck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There have been more than one occasion on here where somebody has advertised something for sale, put a price on it and then had people who had no interest in the item at all trash the price they were asking on the forum. Who needs that noise? You've all see the comment " that price is crazy man I could get the same thing at Cabella's on line for $50 less taxes in" etc....So now I see a lot of adds with no price and I'm assuming its just to avoid the looky lou's who just want to let people know that they could get a better deal somewhere else even though they themselves have no interest in the item.
There should be a rule on the classified section that says "if you like it negotiate for it, if you aren't interested then you've got nothing to say"
Lots of good points in all the posts, thanks for answering.

I thought there was already a rule against trolling adds here. Either way, I agree with Bradly, put yourself in the buyer's shoes, put in the info, instead of replying to the same question 40 times.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I personally don't think it's a bad thing and wouldn't consider it trolling if someone politely told you that your price is way off base. I'd like to think that the classified are a place where you can buy things and negotiate on things without assuming everyone is trying to rip you off.

The way I see it, if someone posts an old Savage for $2500, and someone replies to tell them they're insane, the only person they're hurting is the guy trying to rip people off in the first place. If you're an honest person honestly trying to sell something amongst friends (we're all friends here right?), don't be afraid to put what you're looking for. Otherwise, just post it in the buyer flyer and hope for the best! No comments there!

·
Registered
40 Posts
i know when i advertize and say ....pms only its because some people want to discuss it.....well its a classified section.....the price is between seller and buyer .its nobody elses business.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i know when i advertize and say ....pms only its because some people want to discuss it.....well its a classified section.....the price is between seller and buyer .its nobody elses business.
I understand why you do it, but I can honestly say if I see a post that doesn't tell the price, like yours, I just keep on moving, because I assume the price is so high you're embarrassed to show it. JMHO.

I'm the kind of person that reads the Classified not because I'm looking for anything in particular, but because maybe there's a great deal on something I didn't even know I wanted...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Guys do I gotta use my Opinions Quote Again?

The way I see it, I'm gonna post my asking price, and if ya dont like it, or dont agree with it then thats fine!!
I'm still gonna sleep tonight, and quite possibly even snore!!
Hawoooooooo Cmon

·
Banned
223 Posts
I understand why you do it, but I can honestly say if I see a post that doesn't tell the price, like yours, I just keep on moving, because I assume the price is so high you're embarrassed to show it. JMHO.

I'm the kind of person that reads the Classified not because I'm looking for anything in particular, but because maybe there's a great deal on something I didn't even know I wanted...
X2 on that Wardo.

·
Banned
116 Posts

X3 My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I guess if I didn't agree with the price asked, I'd continue looking. But I do agree that if the price isn't on the classified I'll probably make the same assumption, the price is too high. Again, I'd continue looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts