Other...??627.27%

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Accubond -- hands down --

·
Registered
41 Posts
I chose TSX because it is basically the same bullet as my favorite, the Barnes MRX. Incredibly terminal effects with the best accuracy tested out of my 7-08AI, sub-moa @ 400yds.

I made this based on deer/ moose size game bullets not varmint

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I chose TSX...Incredibly terminal effects
Yes when it comes to Penetration the TSX's Are Trump 4 Shhhore....Narrow, but very deep wound channels!!
They retain basically 100% of there weight!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like 150 gr balistic silver tip in my 300 mag , but my favorite is 60gr nosler's in my 22-250 tika T3 , it's good to go all the time . I have had great clean kill shots on 2 deer , 4 bear and many coyotes . You just need to keep your shot range within reason. I know a lot of people kringe at the thought of shooting big game with a little gun like that but after you see a big bear eating grass in the spring drop in it's tracks from one well placed shot you would understand what I mean . Nice and light /fun to shoot and unlike the 300 mag this one only kills on one end.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
All the game that I shot with the Ballistic Silvertip died with in seconds,so I am not going to mess with something that works for me.(the 300 mag might have helped in that too)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sierra for me. 80 grain for my .223. For my .308 155,168,175. For '06, 165 grain, shot a nice 10 point buck in Sask. at 434 yards.It piled up in pieces against the hide. Good penetration ,lungs and heart were jelly.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sierra for me. 80 grain for my .223. For my .308 155,168,175. For '06, 165 grain, shot a nice 10 point buck in Sask. at 434 yards.It piled up in pieces against the hide. Good penetration ,lungs and heart were jelly.
Sierra 80 and 90 gr match for target, 65gr gamekings for our monster deer and 55gr blits for critters!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You guys that are shooting the Ballistic Silvertips.

Are yous experiencing alot of meat damage(Jello)??
Have you recovered any of the bullets, and if so wah did they look like??
Cant see how they would hold together

·
Registered
8 Posts
I shoot 180 gr ballistic silver tips in my 300 wsm...they dont seem to make that much mess ....i shot my 8 point this year just behind the front leg and only lost a few ribs...i didnt find any pieces of the bullet....with my 30-06 i shoot 168 gr ballistic silver tips and i have found a couple of them in deer ...one was just the outer shell empty and the other one was still all intact....it was curled back and still had the lead core in it....i really like how fast these bullets take the deer down........

·
Registered
323 Posts
My favourite bullet and of course they stopped making it
is the Winchester Failsafe. For years, I had wonderful success with this bullet and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. My game never went too far. I will post a picture of a recovered bullet, sometime soon. I believe it was found in my last buck.

I shot it in 180 grain for my 30.06. I never changed the grain lower for deer as the shells were too stinking expensive!

Now, I am using the XP3's, which I started using last year. I have yet to find out what they are like and looking forward for that moment.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now, I am using the XP3's, which I started using last year. I have yet to find out what they are like and looking forward for that moment.
They are the one that supposively replaced the FS!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
55 grain Hornady spsx in the 22-250 for varmints & targets, and .308 150gr core locts or .308 180gr speer grand slams for big game, no bullet recoveries with these always had shoot throughs and not too much meat damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts