New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hope everyone is having a great opening day of bow season! Just wondering where I could find some carrots in bulk for deer?

Thanks, Brendan

·
Registered
268 Posts
You shouldn't use Carrots for Deer,, carrots are good for the eyes so they will see better and see you before you can get a shot :p :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You shouldn't use Carrots for Deer,, carrots are good for the eyes so they will see better and see you before you can get a shot :p :D :lol:
:D :p :D :p :D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
riverview area

i get them in amherst but i go to sackville every weekend

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've got all the deer carrots I need or care to lug into woods in my mag,with lots more in spare mags and pack.Weighing in at a mere 165 grains each,I can carry entire seasons worth in a single pocket....enough carrots to feed an elk,a moose,maybe a bear, 2-3 deer and a cpl coyotes or wolves if I'm real lucky,with a couple to spare at seasons end.I like to plant them about 4" behind front leg,bottom 1/3 of chest.Cant say if they are really all that good for eyes,although they are shiny and pretty to look at....but they are bad for the heart and lungs for sure,and induce instant respiratory distress followed closely by death when ingested at 2900fps.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
LOL.. I have a bunch of those as well AB .. but I have them in 130gr and 180gr ,, ;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Haha,I have 180gr carrots too,but no moose tag this year....actually prefer 150s for deer,but with deer and elk on the menu I split the difference with 165gr GMX.
My 55gr baby carrots give coyotes wicked heartburn. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts