New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandering were a person could go to talk to somebody about bows and possibly buy one. I'm looking to get into bow hunting, did have some experience with compound bows in my late teens/early 20's. There was a guy in notre-dame(Erwin), that was selling bows back then, but he's not into them anymore. I live in the moncton area, don't mind driving a little ways to get some real info by somebody that knows his stuff. Also, what do you guy's or girl's think about a bow, what kind, should I look for these new high speed bows? Back in the day we were using PSE and HOYT. I know that they still make an awesome product.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
While I usually don't recommend classifieds as the place for a new bowhunter to shop I will make an exception in this case. The Bowtech Guardian is still the best hunting bow out there IMHO. That's why I still shoot one
If I ever find a better hunting bow I'll sell mine but I don't expect that to happen for a long, long....LONG time. I think it still ranks as the quietest bow out there. With the 27.5 and 29" modules you can pretty much cover most hunter's DL by adjusting your loop length. Make sure of your eye dominance first though before buying a RH bow

Draw weights: 50 - 70 pounds peak
Draw Lengths: 25-30.5 inches
Axle-to-axle length: 33.75 inches
Brace Height: 7 1/8 inches
Mass Weight: 4.2 lbs
Let-off: Adjustable from 65% to 80% (80% as tested)
Eccentrics: CeterTrac Binary Cam System
Advertised IBO speed: 320-328 fps
Advertised Kinetic Energy: 81.6 fpe

If you want to talk to someone knowledgable near you call Richard Hoar of Northeast Camo in Salisbury, 372-9579. He knows his bow stuff, anything I can't do myself I take to him.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you don't mind the drive and really want to try different models/brands out, head to Maine, pretty hard to find a single shop in eastern Canada if you want to shoot several different brands side by side. There are a lot (that,s an understatement BTW) of nice shooting bows out there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the advice and places to go and check bows out. From now to spring I'm going to try to get some feed back on what to buy, get me mesured up for draw lenght, etc... I'm really looking foward to bow hunt next year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update my post, I was driving on the 126 and even forgot about Spencer's Archery but seen the sign on the side of the building. I remembered someone mentionong his name, so turned around and made a little visit. Was just going to drop in and get some info on some bows and some prices. I was going to wait 2-3 months and visit eveybody around the area in order to shop around. To make a long story short, I came out with a 2008 PSE X-force that a guy had brought in for Spencer to sell. Must of been ment to be, great price, super bow(hardly a mark on it), got everything(ready to hunt). Only thing left is practice. Thanks again for all your posts, I wish I would of had a chance to visit all the other places that sell bows in the area, still will be able to. Had great service by Spencer's Archery, Charlie is a super guy.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
good job man many say the 2008 was the best xforce out there, i had one and just sold it i loved it and wish i kept it along with my new one, but still lie my new one better lol. GOOD CHOICE

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats on your new bow!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts