New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan a bowhunt for next year,I'd like to go for about $2500 if possible.Some guys I know went to Sask but they it would be impossible to bow hunt where they were,but they are strictly gun hunters.I'm thinking about Sask.,Man.or Ont.Anyone have any experience or info.Any other options would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
159 Posts
One place you might want to consider would be New Jersey. I have never gone but am aware of one guy here locally that goes down bowhunting. Considering you can drive there is 8 hrs or so you should be able to do it under $2300. Not sure if you need a guide or anything like that but would be worth looking into. Deer down there have abit smaller bodies but nice racks if you find a mature buck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you can do Sask for that amount I would be going there.But there has been some real monsters coming out of Ont over the last few years.I would like to try Anticosti Island,its close,they usually get some early snow,bout the cheapest plce to go and your allowed two deer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked out NJ,seems to be a lot of hunting pressure there and I'm not really interested in that.I like the peacefulness of the outdoors as much as hunting.I couldn't really find many deer outfitters,lots of wing-shooting though.It would be cool to see all the deer on Anticosti but I would like to have at least a chance at my best ever buck and they don't seem to have any monsters.It wouldn't kill me if I came home empty handed as long as the opportunity was there and I saw some action.Thx for the ideas guys keep em comin.Oh yeah camel u can do a DIY hunt in Sask for around 2G,that's with flight and truck rental 4 guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts