New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i set out my trail cam two weeks ago on a sunday.by wednesday of the same week i had several does and one real nice buck 8 or 9 point.in the past 2 weeks i have had 4 different bucks come in to the bait a couple of spikes a six point and the 8 or 9 point.never seen them in deer season.i will post pics as soon as i can.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The bucks went from screwing to survival. Getting colder now and they need some body fat replenished to survive the winter. Nothing new! Happens every year. Bucks will come to bait now very easily. At least you know what's in your area. Just need to find out where and hunt near the bedding areas.

Post some pics!

·
Banned
159 Posts
Our season is to early, simple answer to your question
I don't think the season ends to early. Yes it would mean better chances at deer if it was pushed ahead a week or two. But with all the extra deer shot because we see more of them in this period of time how long would it take before the deer numbers droped even further? Some states and provinces have longer seasons but they also have alot more deer to work with than we do here in NB. Maybe there is a comprimise to be made. A later season but with a point system to try and keep the numbers harvested the relativly the same? Not sure if that would work but I'd love to hunt later and maybe see more deer but I'd hate to see the absolute sloter it would bring to the herd.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Those deer are there during the season also. Your just not connecting on them. Like bucknut said they're done breeding so they'll come to the food better. They didnt just "appear".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts