New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
very interesting. there have been several albino deer taken in the Minto area in the last 30 years that I can think of. Any in Gagetown that you know of

·
Registered
409 Posts
Cool...

This one claims NY but I'd suspect Wisconsin herd...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnX65RmPko

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is very cool!!!!

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on harvesting a mature albino whitetail? We do know that albino deer do not necessarily have albino fawns. I know if a BIG albino buck walked out in front of me in deer season I would be some tempted even with the so call 7 years bad luck if you shoot one.

Just seeing what people think about harvesting one of these animals? Not a doe, just mature bucks (4+yrs)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I think I would take the Buck Cory. It would make a great mount! I'm not really a superstitious person, but then again, I haven't won the lottery yet, so maybe I do have bad luck

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'd shoot an albino in a heart beat, Buck or doe (if i had the tag). I have seen a number of Piebalds, even some pure white as far as I could tell, not sure if they were true albinos though, didn't get that close.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yes that was in zone 23 in New Brunswick, It was an awsome hunt, I had tagged out in the same spot 3-4 days earlier, My cousing shot a big doe about 10 minutes after this buck took off

·
Registered
92 Posts
When i was younger there was an area my dad and uncles used to hunt that there was a white doe and 3 or 4 piebald yearlings/fawns/smaller does in the same area. I'm guessing they all can from the same big doe. My dad shot one of the piebald does, not sure what ever happened to the rest, but the whole areas clearcut now, which is too bad, used to be alot of deer in that area.

I have also seen several white and piebald deer in Redhead in Saint John. You can see them around the irving refinery, along the breakwater to redhead and around that general area.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Quite a few years ago, there was two- three albino or piebald deer that hung around a farm in Scotch Settlement.

I remember driving by and looking way down in the middle of a field and seeing these white spots, mingled in with the brown ones. Pretty neat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts