New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Telegraph Journal had this article in a few weeks ago. RCMP seized some guns. There is also some discussion on CGN about some wardens and off-road enforcement officers allegedly harassing people about certificates. Do you guys carry the Certificates with you? I never have and I have never been asked for one when checked while out in the woods.

RCMP remind hunters of rules

RIVIÈRE-VERTE - RCMP in northern New Brunswick are reminding hunters that carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle is illegal and could lead to the accidental discharge of a firearm and injury. Police said hunters must also have their firearm permit, registration certificate and hunting permit with them at all times throughout the hunting season. Police promoted safe hunting last month during this year's moose season. From September 23 to 25, roughly 370 vehicles were checked. Police seized a few unregistered firearms, handed out two tickets to individuals who were not in possession of a valid hunting license and arrested one person for impaired driving. Another person approached police to inform them about an outdoor marijuana grow operation, which led to the seizure of 110 plants.

·
Banned
348 Posts
Never have and never will. I don't even know where in my house my certificate is located. Just another thing to lose. I have never been questioned. If it is true, it actually irritates me that we would have to.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
hell no, I don't even carry my wallet when I am hunting
only paper I carry is my license

·
Registered
289 Posts
A zerox of your certs is a handy thing to have in the glove boxes of your vehicles along with a copy of the transport regs.

It would be easy to have with you along with your license and PAL.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i also carry a photo copy of it
i have been asked once for it...but never from the DNR
i get a funny look when they see the 44 magnum and 357 magnum pistols on my reg!
i just tell them that i use those at nite!
hehehehe
they didn't see the humor in it...but i did!

got to have a little fun...they are harassing you!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I never carry the reg papers, according to the press the registry is accessed thousands of times a day by law enforcement. Shouldn't take them a minute to punch my name in the computor and come up with a list of firearms that would confirm I own it and its registered.
Kudos to the RCMP for seizing the unregistered firearms and finding the fellas with no licenses and the impaired driver...the posting didn't say anything about seizing firearms from owners who did not have certificates with them. Just that they should have it. Even so I won't be carrying mine.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
My eyebrows ain't plucked and there's a gun in my truck....live with it! I certainly can.

If a certain detachment has to justify a waste of my taxpayers money in conducting those stupid controls while I'm exercising my god given right as a NBer to hunt and carry long arms, they'll have to wait the 24hrs it will take me to produce said certificate, not 6 months it took them to produce it to me.....

According to them, it is such a vital piece of information, I dare not bring it with me for fear of loosing the damn thing....

Saskatchewan's Environment minister announced earlier this Fall that their Province's conservation officers would not ask and enforce the long gun registry certs......

·
Registered
531 Posts
I never carry mine with me either. Maybe I should?!?!

I've thought about it....even brought all my certificates to work and photo copied them. Tried to fold them all up and put them in the lil folder I carry my lic in (I use one of the card holders that you put your registration & ins cards in...lol) By the time I got my hunting lic, pal, drivers lic, certificates, etc, I might as well have been carrying my purse while hunting. So, I took the certificates back out. lol

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
By the time I got my hunting lic, pal, drivers lic, certificates, etc, I might as well have been carrying my purse while hunting.
well...we know about you women and your purses!
you can carry a weeks worth of luggage in them and still have room for all your make up!
lol

just teasing country girl!
i think the guys on team #1 have given up on the trash talk or else bowtech has run out of come backs so i have to pick on someone!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I carry mine, hopefully save some hassle at some point in time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So when did this all become law???? What after the election there pushing this crap.....
I get out of the dam city for two week of the year and going to go threw this ****.... What happen to the alll the guns the were registered when they were bought years ago with a FAC. We never got cards....It is all Bullchit.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
well...we know about you women and your purses!
you can carry a weeks worth of luggage in them and still have room for all your make up!
lol

just teasing country girl!
i think the guys on team #1 have given up on the trash talk or else bowtech has run out of come backs so i have to pick on someone!!!!
LMAO...I sometimes amaze myself at what I find in my purse!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Fire Arms Act requires that anyone in possession of a fire arm must produce the registration certificate for that fire arm on request as well as a vaild Possession Liscence. If you lend your gun to someone the registration certificate must go with it. Like it or not, agree with it or not, that is the law. Nothing says you have 24hr to produce it, that is just a courtesy the police have been extending so far. I always carry both my PAL and the registration certificate ( photo copy ) when using my guns. I think it's a farce but I'm not willing to risk my ability to own firearms, hunt and stay out of jail on a chance metting with that one @#$%&$# looking to make a name for themself. Point to note, if you are convicted of a fire arms offense DNR will not issue you a hunting liscence, gun or bow.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So when did this all become law???? What after the election there pushing this crap.....
I get out of the dam city for two week of the year and going to go threw this ****.... What happen to the alll the guns the were registered when they were bought years ago with a FAC. We never got cards....It is all Bullchit.....
If you registered them you got one when you did .... you can actually call and have them send you new certs for all your registered firearms anytime you want.... they will all come in individual envelopes.

This has been the law since the registry and C-68 were introduced. When transporting firearms you must have your PAL and the registration certificates for any gun in your possession.

The police are not doing anyone any favors by inventing a 24 hr period they are operating when an Amnesty is in effect. If you have an unregistered gun and no PAL the Amnesty won't help you. If you have a PAL and an unregistered gun they will take it but you can register it and get it back.

I'd only carry the certs to make a potential check quicker and without incident. Even though I could get them back by producing the certs at a later date and even though they could check my registrations from the car .... if they took my rifle for the day my hunting, shooing etc will be at least interrupted till I go home and get another gun.

I agree with you about this being bullchit

·
Registered
317 Posts
I never carry mine and was not aware that I was suppose to. If the serial # is on the gun or a registration sticker shouldent that be enough? I thought they could check over their computers if the firearm is registered or not with just a serial #. FFS why cant they just let me shoot my guns in peace
?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another thing guys and gals, if you were to have a fire siezed you lose ALL your firearms not just the one you had on you. Also anyone else living in the house hold must store them somewhere else or get rid of them. %#$#@% up as these laws are and as much as they get up your nose there are some pretty stiff penalties envolved. It's sad when someone gets in trouble through ignorance but it's plain stupidity when in happens through deliberately disregarding the regulations.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Like most on here,I don't carry mine at all,come to think of it,I don't even know where my papers are....oh well!!
Same here,guess I better start looking

1 - 20 of 42 Posts