New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses minerals and what do you use i put one out to try it and i am getting a few pics im just wondering what everyone is using and if people are doing it at all

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes I usually get a livestock mineral lick and while they do take a bit to get established in another three weeks or so when fawns have dropped and are a little more able to travel traffic at your site should increase.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Check out the foodplot forum, the last page.

there is discussion there of mineral licks.

Bowtech gives a recipe for minerals to mix with salt

But really all you need is the salt and time for a site to get established and be a destination for all critters

I add a portion of dried molasses to my mix, sweet with the salty taste, I guess..........

Do I notice a difference of deer health by using the mix instead of straight salt?

.........................................antler growth............................................................?

.........................................animals using the site more..............................................?

No, but it makes me feel I'm giving something extra to help out the deer and animals that visit the site.

and paying less than $100 for the additives, and the salt was free, and considering the amount of stuff at the store you could pay $100 for and walk out with it under your arm....

I figure it's a pretty good deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts