New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking back to the fall, and I remembered seeing something that somewhat confused me. On a trail just off a dirt road, there was a freezer bag (not a big bag at all) tied to a tree and it had a small amount of fish in it. It was completely sealed so it didn't seam like any scent could escape. I was just wondering if this attracts bears somehow, because it was close to a metal bait barrel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I was just thinking back to the fall, and I remembered seeing something that somewhat confused me. On a trail just off a dirt road, there was a freezer bag (not a big bag at all) tied to a tree and it had a small amount of fish in it. It was completely sealed so it didn't seam like any scent could escape. I was just wondering if this attracts bears somehow, because it was close to a metal bait barrel. Any ideas?
Alot of guys will hang stink baits when they start baiting.
Seems to attract Them!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But what if it's a closed bag? do the cut it open when they hunt?

·
Registered
271 Posts
to be honest I wouldn't go close to someone elses bear baiting site, never know if there could be traps or what not ... But yeah hanging fish in the tree works good because it attracts the bears but they cant eat it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts