New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its not my deer but DEER DOWN

my wife went out this morning and I stayed home with the kids and she laid the smack down on this doe at 8:20AM
Doe was 163lbs live wieght and field dressed was 125lbs, its a nice big dry doe and lets just say I am one proud guy right now!!! WOOHOO
shot with 30-06 at about 50 yards deer went less than 50ft

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL that totally ok with my Hoytman she had a doe tag and this was a big fat doe so it will make some great meals. There are lots of other does for bait
Plus nothing better than a couple fresh glands to hang

On top of that...the next 3 weeks is her turn to watch the kids

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats Mrs. Johnny!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Great looking doe. Congrats!!! Nice to see people use their doe tag.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no issues with using doe tags in my group.

·
Registered
726 Posts
no issues with using doe tags in my group.
Nice to hear!! Looks like you'll be doing some canning soon. I started both deer and moose today. Cant wait to get into it. Best of Luck to you the next few weeks. Shoot a big one!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey, congrats to the missus! I'd be real happy too, not only that she got her deer, which many of us on here won't thiss year
but especially since now it would be my turn to hunt for the next 3 weeks while she had to watch the kids so I could go hunting!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way...I love seeing those grain bags with apples in them..LOL It just makes me warm and fuzzy inside...LOL I love New Brunswick!!!
don't worry all 4 aren't filled with apples 1 has crack corn and the other oats LOL
I honestly don't know if your making a wise crack or being serious. not that I care either way cause each their own

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Congrats to the Missus.. Good Show

·
Registered
925 Posts
Good stuff. Looks like she's got bragging rights right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts