New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else as pissed off as i am about the wind this past week. I wasnt able to hunt my go to stand all week, Last night is said screw it im goin there anyways. Well i guess that was a mistake did not see a single deer. Frig well at least monday doesnt sound to bad

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yep! I am pretty fed up as well!
Only deer I have had come in when were in the stand was 4 does Thursday night. And they were so freeked out by the wind, they were looking up to see if a tree was going to fall on them. Then they busted us and started blowing. Went out friday am but didn't even bother with the afternoon. Saturday morning for a couple of hours then didn't hunt last evening either. Back to work this week.
But will hunt evenings, and I have the last week off as well. hopefully it will calm down by then!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have been in the same boat as you....had the week off and the wind screwed me. I hunt stands based on the wind but this week was retarded. When the said 25km West wind with gusts of 50km/h they forgot to add that...oh by times it would be from the E, W, NW and a couple other directions as well

Got busted twice by the 7pt
. Oh well thats hunting I guess. I'm out of vacation time but hopefully the weekends and the rut will be kind to me

·
Registered
270 Posts
Same here - Monday night was a nice night, calm and cool, but I went out three times later in the week and the wind played havoc - lots of deer around, but they were super spooky. Calling for 15-20kmh winds again tomorrow in my area, but hopefully things will calm down before the weeks over. Like Bowtech said - One of my stands hunts well with a west wind - I went there Friday night, and it blew out of all directions, nearly blew me out of the tree!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i agree guys!
i was out most of the week too!
saturday morning...i was out and out came a coyote...i was trying to get set up for a shot...got 15 yards from me but i couldnt clear the bushes in front of me!!!as soon as he got close ...stopped in his tracks....and then was gone...would have been a perfect shot!
damm wind!
it seemed to be blowing in every direction!
no matter where you went!
i had the doe and 2 kids out...the second nite...and now i havent seen them!
went for a walk in back thru the hydro line...guess where they were!
walking down it in back of me!
well...i stood there for about a minute and this time they went into the woods blowing!
they definitely got a wiff of me that time!
and last nite the only thing that was out was the damm bear!
and boy she is a big one!
she didnt even clean the apples up....came head on to me...sat her ass down and ate a few...then peeled off!
never even got a chance to get a shot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts