New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We better enjoy this hunting season as there will probably be alot of winter kill if this prediction comes true.

From the Daily Gleaner,

"The Environment Canada senior climatologist is expecting this winter to be colder and longer with more snow than last year."

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone could have made the same prediction? Last year was the easiest winter that I can remember. It doesn't take a senior climatologist to tell us that we're probably going to get more snow and winter will be longer. Last year was certainly an exception to the norm for our winters. Hopefully we can have a little snow on the ground for the deer season!

·
Registered
76 Posts
DNR reported our winter last year as being on the moderate to above moderate level, meaning that it was a fairly mild winter with a few large storms in the South of the province.

Anyway, I believe the Almanac before a climatologist, which predicts another mild winter

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If memory serves me correctly they predicted a similar forecast for last winter. I think we will see a similar winter as last year.

here's a couple old wise tales that I follow and most times end up being true
- The hornet and wasp nests are low to the ground which normally means little to no snow
- Peanut trees(that is what I call them) have are not very abundand means low snow amounts

·
Registered
192 Posts
DNR reported our winter last year as being on the moderate to above moderate level, meaning that it was a fairly mild winter with a few large storms in the South of the province.

Anyway, I believe the Almanac before a climatologist, which predicts another mild winter
I am with you Fresh rub, I will take the Almanac anyday. They hit it bang on last year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
- Peanut trees(that is what I call them) have are not very abundand means low snow amounts

After reading this, i just realized that we have a wild berry tree in front of the house that has been loaded in the past when the winters were bad, this years crop has been very normal at best. I hope the old sayings hold true!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well the wasp nest out back is low and the hornets nest is high so which is right?

·
Registered
121 Posts
They can't predict the weather for the g#d d^m weekend let alone next winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts