New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get into reloading. Anyone looking to sell equipment let me know please.
Or If you have any advice on what to look for or what to stay away from I'm open to advice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I am looking to get into reloading. Anyone looking to sell equipment let me know please.
Or If you have any advice on what to look for or what to stay away from I'm open to advice. Thanks
Ebay ''rcbs'' you can get great deals on there, no problem with the border because it is classed as tooling, not firearms,
You will need dies, press, shellholders, scale, case trimmer and a priming tool, the hand held ones are light years ahead of the press mounted ones.
I would reccomend a set of full length dies so you can fully resize if you have an outoloader, or partial full length resize if you have a bolt action, this will work your brass less, letting it last longer, and not over doo it on the neck tension,
A set of dial calipers are a must have too, along with a few good reloading books, good luck, it is a great hobby!

·
Banned
116 Posts
Hi Slinger, What caliber of firearm do you want to reload, I may sell several RCBS dies, I have several other reloading goodies I may sell. I am located in Maugerville, I am recovering from an injury, so I will not be able to come to you.
PM me if interested.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck on getting set up for handloading. I also recommend RCBS equipment. I am very satisfied with mine. If you're loading for a bolt action .30 cal and under, I would recommend purchasing a set of RCBS neck sizing dies as well for enhanced accuracy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all. advice taken!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ive always had good luck with RCBS, most people that use Lee like it especially the price. I think using lee equipment can make as accurate a loads as any, but if your planning on going high milage with your set up I would recomend RCBS, Redding, Lyman or Hornady lee dies are generally made of softer metal that wears faster but unless your loading 1000s of rounds its fine, many people would never wear out their Lee equip in their lifetime.

Kittery trading post in maine is a good spot to order reloading equip from if you decide to buy new, free shipping to NB and very fast delivery compared to Wholesale sports or Cabelas.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got some Lee .223 dies I will sell.

If you want good stuff and I mean good stuff that will make target quality loads and last forever and have resale value down the road go with Redding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts