New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I had an area with quite a few coyote tracks. This was a relatively small chunk of woods. I went in, set up bait and snares. In 10 days I killed 7 coyotes and a red fox. I went in the same spot yesterday and snowshoed around and only cut one set of coyote tracks. I still set up a bait station and will put some snares in there next weekend. Kill em all and they cant reproduce.....LOL

·
Banned
348 Posts
Hey NBGuide,

Are willing to come up to the Fredericton area to trap? I just walked the area I hunt and there are plenty of dogs chasing the deer. I know I won't be very successful trying to shot them and want a trapper to help me.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Hey NBGuide,

Are willing to come up to the Fredericton area to trap? I just walked the area I hunt and there are plenty of dogs chasing the deer. I know I won't be very successful trying to shot them and want a trapper to help me.
Good stuff...put the burn on these guys LOL!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Friends of ours are setting snares to catch the coyotes that ate one of their dogs. I have tried hunting them, with no luck. I know where they are, so when I save up the money (probably not until after college lol) and I might buy some snares. I usually only snare rabbits, but there are no more rabbits because of the coyote and a lynx.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey NBGuide,

Fredericton is too far for me to travel. I live in St Stephen. I'm very limited this season also. Fur prices suck so bad right now that I'm doing some construction work in Maine 4 days a week until Bear Deposits start arriving. I usually make enough to survive Nov,Dec, and Jan by trapping when the prices are good. Prices are so low right now I'm only doing a few spots where I deer hunt. Best bet is to find someone in Fredericton to give you a hand.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friends of ours are setting snares to catch the coyotes that ate one of their dogs. I have tried hunting them, with no luck. I know where they are, so when I save up the money (probably not until after college lol) and I might buy some snares. I usually only snare rabbits, but there are no more rabbits because of the coyote and a lynx.
Snares only run around 1.50 each. I get mine from Snareshop.com. 5' - 3/32" wire with micro locks and swivel is what I use. 11 gauge wire for a support. If you have alot of coyotes around they're not that hard to hook em up in a snare. Alot easier than foothold trapping them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts